Senior Software Engineer (Go specialist/Messaging)
Netdata is looking for senior software engineers, with particular expertise and interest in the Go Programming Language to join our distributed (remote) engineering team.
The position is 100% remote, but with your location's timezone limited from UTC -3 to UTC +5.
We are building a modern microservices-based platform to complement our open-source project. As a Senior Software Engineer you will be expected to program in several languages, focusing on, but not limited to, Go. You will need to be familiar with architecting and developing production-grade microservices and distributed systems, REST, message brokers (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, etc.) as well as writing testable, maintainable code.
- Design and implement cloud-based microservices and APIs that complement our edge agents.
- Write clean, maintainable and testable code.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Operate the platform within our security and privacy guidelines.
- Collaborate with frontend developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic.
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Automate tasks wherever possible.
- Liaise with developers, designers and system administrators to identify new features.
- Follow emerging technologies and frameworks.
- Substantial hands on experience with the Go programming language.
- Experience with programming languages (Go, C, C#, Java, Python, Typescript etc.)
- Proven experience with Cloud-Native, microservices architectures.
- Excellent analytical and time management skills.
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Substantial hands on experience with the Go programming language
- Experience with Google Cloud services
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
Why join Netdata
- Rare opportunity to deal with the unique challenges and opportunities of a fully distributed workforce.
- We understand the importance of safeguarding an exceptionally high level of employee engagement.
- We prioritize culture over process.
- We embrace remote work and great work-life balance.
- We are solving hard problems that affect thousands of organizations worldwide.
- We are deeply committed to Open Source and love our community.
When you join Netdata, you can expect
- A competitive salary.
- A generous stock plan.
- To join a venture-backed startup working with some of the most sophisticated investors of Silicon Valley
- To be part of our world-class team and interact with an amazing community.
- To see first-hand how to grow and succeed in an engineering-first, open source-based company.
- To find a culture that rewards doers.
Netdata is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment for everyone, regardless of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military service or other non-merit factor.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/netdata-inc-senior-software-engineer-go-specialist-messaging
👉 Please mention in your application that you found the job on pyremote, this helps us get more companies to post here!
This job is sourced from
When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave pyremote
and go to the job application page. pyremote accepts no liability or
responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.