Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Headquarters: Boston, MA
Reify Health accelerates the development of new and life-saving therapies by creatively connecting and empowering the clinical trial ecosystem. We are helping thousands of research sites across 6 continents and 7 of the top-10 global biopharma sponsors, including Amgen, AstraZeneca, and Eli Lilly & Company. Our team is made up of a diverse group of researchers, entrepreneurs, technologists, data experts, and healthcare-obsessed professionals working to eliminate some of the biggest challenges in clinical research. We care about the people who care for people...and we have fun while doing it.
Our unique, rapidly growing data streams are enabling unique opportunities to manage clinical trials more efficiently and predictably. The Data Products group is looking for talented data engineers to develop intelligence engines to realize the full promise of these opportunities for clinical professionals. If you're empathetic, product-driven, and want to put your unique analytical engineering skills to work to help the clinical research community then this may be the role for you.
As a fast-growing startup, we're looking for people who can effectively balance rapid execution and delivery with tactical R&D to serve the business most effectively. You have strong opinions, weakly held, and while well-versed technically know when to choose the right tool, for the right job, at the right level of complexity. You will work closely with our Data Engineering and Data Analytics groups, benefitting from their architecture, research, and expertise, and collaborate with our Design, Product, and Software Engineering teams to integrate your work into new and existing products.
- Perform practical R&D and prototype new data capabilities that make existing features more intelligent or enable new classes of intelligent product features.
- Develop, expand, and steward information extraction and structured knowledge management systems to fully understand the semantic meaning and relationships within our data.
- Work with our Data Science & Analytics team to help successfully encapsulate statistical and machine learning models into services or modules our software engineering teams can easily integrate.
- Learn to effectively understand and deftly navigate the global compliance ecosystem (HIPAA, GDPR, etc.) to ensure your work respects the rights, regulations, and consent preferences of all stakeholders.
- Develop a deep understanding of the clinical ecosystem, our products, and our business and how they all uniquely interact to help people.
- 4+ years of experience successfully developing and deploying data products driven by machine learning, ideally in a space similar to ours (startup, healthcare, regulated data).
- Practical experience with one or more of the following: NLP, question answering systems, semantic search, recommender systems, probabilistic logic/inference, management and integration of clinical taxonomies and ontologies (e.g. UMLS, SNOMED-CT).
- Excellent programming skills in Clojure or Python and deep comfort with SQL.
- Comfort with cloud-based environments, particularly the AWS ecosystem.
- Solid analytical software testing, documentation, and debugging practices.
- Great communication skills and can work comfortably with technical and non-technical stakeholders to develop requirements.
- Advanced degree in computer science, machine learning, a similar field or commensurate relevant experience.
- Develop techniques to allow sites to better discover patients eligible for new and existing trials.
- Build systems which make recommendations to pharma sponsors on how to increase the success of their trials.
- Extract relevant information from unstructured data generated by clinical sites and integrate it into a product-oriented taxonomy.
- Pair on prototypes with our Data Science & Analytics team in a collaborative development environment (Nextjournal)
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive Salary and Stock Options Salary and stock options commensurate to your experience and expertise
Remote First We have team members from around the United States and beyond and have a healthy and balanced remote work culture
Flexible Hours Plan your workday as you wish, just give us the majority of your core, creative hours that coincide with that of your team
Comprehensive Health/Wellness Coverage 100% premium coverage for you (and >50% for your dependents) for: Top-tier health plan (with option of HSA), Dental, Vision, Disability (short-term and long-term), Life insurance (for your entire tenure at Reify), 24/7 access to doctor by phone or online via telemedicine coverage
Retirement Plan 401(k) plan with employer matching program
Company-provided Workstation You will be issued a brand new MacBook Pro laptop
Location Convenience & Transportation For employees who are local to Boston, and want to visit the office, we are located two blocks from Downtown Crossing. Free monthly T pass. Full suite of office accommodations provided by WeWork: unlimited coffee, infused water, and more
Vacation and Holiday Flexibility Generous paid time-off policy that accrues with your tenure at Reify, which includes holiday flexibility and parental leave
We value diversity and believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/reify-health-senior-machine-learning-engineer