Infrastructure - Devops Engineer
Headquarters: New York, United States
Database and Microservices infrastructure Devops engineer
About this role
Are you ready to join an exciting start-up that is revolutionizing how dis-information is handled on the internet? Get ready to join a small but growing team of highly talented engineers and leaders, building exciting AI-driven services and technologies. As an Infrastructure Architect for Blackbird.AI, you will own the infrastructure architecture for a real-time streaming cloud hosted analytics platform, and help the company establish a solid foundation for deployment of different micro services databases and frameworks, along with performance monitoring tools, continuous integration and deployment pipelines.
- Own and maintain self hosted and AWS hosted Linux servers.
- High proactivity in troubleshooting and communicating on server infrastructure deployments.
- Develop, and maintain kubernetes clusters that hold several databases and ETLs
- Engineer fault tolerance, backup and retention policies.
- Develop deployment and rollout scripts.
- Monitor and scale the different databases.
- Develop and maintain servicing different web applications through web servers and ingresses.
- Maintain and scale several deployments: Kafka, ElasticSearch, postgresDB, redis ...
- Audit and manage security related issues : TLS , firewalls etc ...
- Automate cloud agnostic deployments to : AWS or on premise.
- Work with the data engineering team and the full stack development team to ensure best practices in terms of stack choice and deployments.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Demonstrated product success with deployment in the cloud and SaaS model; in a horizontally scalable distributed fashion.
- Expert level knowledge of Linux systems.
- Expert level capable of Kubernetes ecosystem and docker containers.
- Proficiency in Helm charts , Python and or golang.
- Solid level in web servers and security related topics.
- Good experience in building and maintaining Kafka clusters and redis clusters.
- Experience in deploying and maintaining prometheus, grafana and setting up monitoring for the infrastructure.
- Good knowledge of ElasticSearch and MetricBeat for log monitoring.
- Solid experience in addressing infrastructure security issues.
- 2+ years' hands-on experience in developing with Python, Bash.
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code tools , terraform or similar.
- Experience in Managing secrets stores, Vault or similar.
- Expertise in build automation, continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) tools,
- Experience working with cloud based services (similar to AWS S3, CloudFront, Route53, ElastiCache etc.).
- Experience working with distributed teams.
Helpful to Have:
- Experience with MLOps frameworks Kubeflow, SeldOn or similar.
- Experience in building Kubernetes operators in golang.
- Technical background or experience with AI/ML deployments.
- Experience with multi-tenant deployments in AWS or similar.
- Familiarity with mainstream ETL tools, airflow or similar.
- Experience dealing with massive datasets in order of terabytes.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Work From Home
- Stock Option Plan
Take note - due to the high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for taking the time to apply for the role at Blackbird.AI.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/blackbird-ai-infrastructure-devops-engineer
👉 Please mention in your application that you found the job on pyremote, this helps us get more companies to post here!
This job is sourced from
When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave pyremote
and go to the job application page. pyremote accepts no liability or
responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.