Engineering Team Lead - Full Stack (React/Python)
Do you dream of applying your awesome engineering skills to build cutting-edge blockchain-based applications? Then you've come to the right place! Backed by Bain Capital Ventures, 1kx Capital, and Stanford University's StartX Fund, Hummingbot is the leading open-source algorithmic trading platform for digital assets. With our liquidity mining platform, we are revolutionizing the way financial markets are created and traded.
We are looking for an experienced engineering lead with full-stack engineering experience to take on a very important role in our company, of managing and directing the build-out of our Hummingbot Miners web application @ https://miners.hummingbot.io.
We're an experienced, highly technical team of traders (Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan) and engineers (Apple, BlueJeans, serial startup founders).
What you'll be doing:
- Take ownership of and lead a team of engineers (front-end and back-end) building out the miner app
- You'll be responsible for directing the engineering efforts and ensuring quality code is shipped efficiently
- Build and maintain modern decentralized web applications
- Work on an application that analyzes and presents trading, markets, and financial data for cryptocurrency traders
You're a great fit if you have:
- Strong technical expertise in modern web development framework, toolsets, and development methodology
- Experience managing and driving an engineering team
- Strong issue tracking/management abilities
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Extensive experience working with React/Redux or similar front-end frameworks, with at least 3-5 years of professional work experience
- Basic knowledge of databases, MySQL
- Basic knowledge of python and experience with python frameworks like Django
- Basic knowledge of devops systems (Docker, Kubernetes)
The kind of engineer we are looking for:
- Has painstaking attention to detail and takes pride/ownership in your code and the quality of work you produce.
- Committed to development best practices.
- Resourceful and autonomous when taking on tasks, while at the same time able to collaborate closely with teammates.
- A fast learner who is excited about the potential for crypto/blockchain technology to revolutionize the world.
- Has interest in and basic knowledge of blockchain technologies.
Nice to have:
- Previously owned or currently own a CryptoKitty
- Experience trading cryptocurrencies or other assets
- Previously used online trading platforms (e.g. Coinbase, Robinhood, ETrade)
- Previously worked on financial/trading/markets applications
Perks at Hummingbot:
- Become a core member of an experienced, global team founded in Silicon Valley that is well-connected in crypto, blockchain, and machine learning
- Competitive salaries
- Work hard, have fun culture
- International travel for conferences, team meet-ups/retreats
- Work schedule flexibility; unlimited vacation policy
- Sharpen the saw! Company-sponsored training programs and continuing education
👉 Please mention in your application that you found the job on pyremote, this helps us get more companies to post here!
This job is sourced from
Stack Overflow Jobs.
When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave pyremote
and go to the job application page. pyremote accepts no liability or
responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.