Senior Backend Ruby Engineer (Remote)
Headquarters: Fully Remote
About Elevate Labs:
Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people's minds.
The ability to write well and speak eloquently deeply affects your trajectory in life, regardless of profession. Unfortunately, many people leave high school and even college extremely unprepared in these areas. We developed our flagship mobile app, Elevate, to help bridge this gap, through 35 games (and more on the way) that teach concrete cognitive skills. Elevate has over 30 million downloads and has received numerous accolades, including Apple’s App of the Year award.
The Elevate app was just the beginning. We’ve recently launched Balance, a personalized meditation app, that helps people with their stress, sleep, focus, and much more. It’s a truly customized experience that makes meditation more accessible to millions of people.
Join us in creating the future of products that help people live healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
To support our growing products, we're looking for an experienced backend engineer to build the service infrastructure powering our new meditation app, Balance, which provides users with personalized guided meditation to alleviate stress and improve sleep. We are an agile team making our customers' lives better by building the future of cognitive training and proactive mental fitness.
In our collaborative environment, you’ll work across teams and projects to build amazing products that educate and delight our customers. You’ll work on our backend services, developer tooling, web-based administration portals, and more - so a love of learning new technologies (or prior experience!) is appreciated. As a senior member of the team, you’ll have the opportunity to guide the direction of our products and our engineering team.
What you’ll do here
- Lead complex projects by defining requirements, determining solutions, and delivering on results
- Participate in the product development process, representing engineering by communicating technical constraints, opportunities, and solutions
- Mentor your fellow teammates to help them grow as engineers
- Set standards of engineering excellence in service design and implementation with a focus on reliability
- Build, maintain, and own services to support multiple products
- You have 5+ years of professional software experience building services and web-based applications
- You can code effectively in Ruby on Rails
- You have designed and implemented RESTful APIs
- You have built web-backed applications
- You have have worked with integrating 3rd party APIs, especially single-sign on, purchasing, and analytics
- You strive for well tested and automated systems
- You have shipped at least one customer-facing product
- You are user focused and design systems with the end user experience in mind
- You are passionate about delivering high-quality, efficient solutions to enable seamless user experiences
- You communicate clearly and participate in design and code reviews
- Experience with Heroku and AWS
- Python proficiency
- Experience with mobile app development
- Experience with building and maintaining content delivery systems
- Experience with web development
- Interest in cognitive training and education technology
- Fully remote environment
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) plan
- Fully paid parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity
- Home office upgrade stipend
- Annual learning stipend
- Wellness/Fitness Subscription Box
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
We believe that there is no single candidate profile that guarantees success in this role. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. If your background is similar to the job description and you think you can excel in this role, please apply and tell us about yourself and the impact you could make at Elevate Labs.
We also know that diversity of identity, experience, and thought leads to more creativity, better problem-solving, and wiser decisions, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team. We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, and people with disabilities.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/elevate-labs-senior-backend-ruby-engineer-remote