Senior Backend Engineer (m/f/d; EEO)
Headquarters: Berlin, Germany
We are looking for new team members to work on and contribute to the new Superlist app’s backend architecture. A substantial part of the early stage of this job will be to explore various technologies and build prototypes, to evaluate possible long-term solutions for our backend. You will be working in an international, remote team of talented and experienced engineers and closely with the product & design teams. You’ll get a chance to contribute to our early-stage product and will be able to influence and shape a new, innovative productivity platform from the ground up. The team will follow common principles and understandings of what good code looks like. We value positive work ethics, a high level of self-organization, and self-governance in our development team.
- You have experience working on a complex, scalable backend architecture that serves a large number of customers
- You have a customer-first approach, understanding that every detail in an application is there to provide a great experience
- You are highly motivated to shape and build a product that will be used by yourself every day
- You have great communication skills and are experienced in working in a remote-first environment on a distributed team
- You can formulate and explain complex decision-making processes that impact customers, product, and business
- You are willing and open to try, push and explore new technologies
- You are willing to participate in the hiring process for future team members
- You can break down large projects into digestible parts and present viable options for each component
- Experience in Go, Ruby, or Python. Experience in building command-line tools is appreciated
- Experience in securing sensitive data is appreciated
- You are fluent in English
We're all curious and want to pick up new programming languages - we look for like-minded people who are comfortable sharing learnings with their peers.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
We value dedicated people but we know that it's important to recover, disconnect, and spend time with your family. Therefore, besides a competitive salary, you will get:30 days of paid vacation
- Full benefits (health care, dental, vision, ...)
- A family-friendly work environment with high flexibility and understanding (we all have families)
- Good work-life balance
- Travel and educational budget
ABOUT THE TEAM
We're a team of highly motivated people that came together to challenge how collaboration and team management software works. Our team is a remote-first, international, and experienced group of individuals. We value self-organization and taking over responsibilities and new challenges. Our goal is to constantly evolve and redefine our development process, challenge technical decisions, and push the boundaries to make sure we build the best product possible.
We work flexible hours, believe in a healthy work-life balance, and will allow working remotely. We require you to be a full-time employee, but we can discuss reduced workweeks.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/superlist-senior-backend-engineer-m-f-d-eeo
👉 Please mention in your application that you found the job on pyremote, this helps us get more companies to post here!
This job is sourced from
When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave pyremote
and go to the job application page. pyremote accepts no liability or
responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.