Senior Full-Stack Engineers
We’re a startup with a huge amount of blue sky in front of us and it is now down to us to execute. We're looking for highly competent full-stack devs who have a passion for their craft, who are team players, and who are excited to contribute to the growth and culture of the company.
In this role you will be reporting to the CTO and working in a small but rapidly growing engineering team.
We believe the difference between a good developer and great developer is the ability to code for, and work well within a team, so we highly value empathy and emotional intelligence.
The technology is current and inherently exciting. In order to kick goals, you will need to be comfortable operating within these technologies and practices.
- React/Typescript in the frontend
- Python/Django in the backend
- GraphQL for our APIs
- Automated testing
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Heroku and AWS (containers)
Demonstrated Agile experience is important, and if you have prior experience with API integrations and Test-Driven Development, that’s a bonus.
What you get to do every day
- Architect and implement effective and efficient solutions that deliver business outcomes and help create delightful user experiences
- Deliver high quality, clean and testable code that is a pleasure to inherit and maintain
- Help others do the same through rigorous code reviews
- Lead discussions and play a critical role in making architectural decisions and shaping software engineering best practices across the company
- Contribute to our agile processes and ways of working, including assisting in backlog grooming, estimation, and task breakdown
- Assist the mentorship of team members in back-end and front-end related technologies, and engineering principles in general
- Help build a kick-ass team and a culture of excellence!
Who we’re looking for
- An owner. We get excited about the things we’re building. We see opportunities, and we’re chomping at the bit to make them happen; we don’t want to wait for someone else to do them. We love people who see themselves as the agents that can make things happen; owners of their work and their goals.
- A generalised specialist. Someone who has put in the hard yards and has built a deep understanding of a topic. There won’t be much we can teach you in your area of specialty, however we also seek someone with a range of auxiliary interests and competencies; a generalised specialist.
- A pragmatist. We love technology, it’s hard not to. But we are here to solve problems, and as a senior developer you recognise that technology is your toolbelt, creativity your fuel, and business outcomes your objective.
- Someone socially aware. We work in a team, within a company. We work with contacts across various client companies. We talk with our clients, and really listen to their feedback. As a senior developer you’re not only technically capable, but you also enjoy working with a team and building a learning environment.
- A funlover. We’ll be spending a lot of time together, let’s make sure we have fun!
On the technical side
- 4+ years of professional software development experience, ideally building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- A strong understanding of design principles and patterns, data structures, reliability, maintainability and security
- A knack for building flexible, modular systems that are still simple and easy to understand
- An avid problem solver
- A passion for best practices and continuous improvement
Things you might want to know about us:
- We offer a small-company work culture with big time vision
- Equity package as a senior member of the company
- We trust our people. This means we focus on outcomes and provide a flexible workplace
- You will work alongside an experienced team who will challenge you everyday (and expect you to challenge them back)
- Support and professional development to help you achieve your careers goals, learn and grow
- We’re a remote-first team, but when we do spend time in our office, it’s right in the centre of Collingwood. And it’s fully equipped with an open air garden, arcade machine, ping pong table, outdoor deck and a wellness program!
👉 Please mention in your application that you found the job on pyremote, this helps us get more companies to post here!
This job is sourced from
Stack Overflow Jobs.
When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave pyremote
and go to the job application page. pyremote accepts no liability or
responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.