Principal Engineer - Data Architect
Headquarters: San Francisco, Bay Area
Our mission is to build financial management technologies that enable the world’s most important companies to grow more quickly in a sustainable way that’s good for people, the planet, and business.
When companies have strong cash flow performance they can shift from short-term acrobatics to long-term growth and innovation. These are the teams that change the world by being freed to optimize for all of their stakeholders, including their employees, business partners, and environment.
Cash flow is the toughest financial statement to understand but it’s fundamental to funding your own growth. We build the most intuitive and actionable tools for companies to optimize cash flow performance. Our platform analyzes billions of dollars of B2B transactions each year, users spend 70% of their workday in Tesorio, and we save finance teams thousands of hours. As a result, they can invest more confidently and anticipate their capital needs further in advance.
We’re growing quickly and working with the world’s best companies and the largest bank in the US. We raised a $10MM Series A led by Madrona Venture Group and are backed by top investors including First Round Capital, Y Combinator, and Floodgate. We’re also backed by tenured finance execs, including the former CFOs of Oracle and NetSuite.
We’re now looking to hire an experienced Data Architect to join our growing team to help us scale. You'll be leading the Data Architecture at Tesorio and report directly to the Co-Founder/CTO.
We are a fully distributed startup in all of North & South America. We don’t believe that people need to sacrifice being close to their families and where they’d prefer to live in order to do their best work.
- Responsible for designing & implementing data architecture that will help with scalability, performance & reliability.
- You will own the data architecture at Tesorio and work closely with the CTO & Engineering Leadership in order to solve the toughest technical challenges
- You will be a key member of the Engineering Leadership and help set the technical direction at Tesorio
- Provide coaching & mentorship across the entire engineering organization
- Architect & implement production-grade code that is reliable, maintainable & scalable
- Anticipate technical challenges that we will face as we scale
- You’ve previously worked at startups and have helped them scale
- You’re excited to lead data architecture at a startup
- You like to design & architect solutions that are reliable, maintainable & scalable
- You enjoy writing production-grade code to help implement your solutions
- You have strong opinions, but you hold them loosely
- You're always learning
- You love building and shipping magical products that will help thousands of companies
The Ideal Candidate
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Prior experience as a Staff Software Engineer or a more senior engineering role
- Expert at data architecture. From schema design, data storage technologies, debugging data problems, building scalable data solutions & more.
- You’re intimately familiar with the technology problems startups face as they scale because you’ve worked at a startup before and helped them scale
- Experience working on large multi-tenant SaaS systems
- Expertise working on cloud platforms (e.g. AWS) and building large-scale data architectures leveraging their technologies
Nice to have
- Expertise with Python & Python web frameworks (e.g. Django, Flask)
- Experience working with financial data or working at a fintech company
- Expertise with AWS
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/tesorio-inc-principal-engineer-data-architect
👉 Please mention in your application that you found the job on pyremote, this helps us get more companies to post here!
This job is sourced from
When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave pyremote
and go to the job application page. pyremote accepts no liability or
responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.