Python Engineer II
Flashpoint delivers actionable intelligence that empowers organizations of all sizes to take rapid, decisive actions to protect against threats. The company's technology, advanced data collections, and human-powered analysis uniquely enable teams to mitigate threats related to cybersecurity, fraud, insider threats, corporate and physical security, executive protection, and third-party risk. For more information, visit https://www.flashpoint-intel.com/ or follow us on Twitter at @FlashpointIntel.
What we are looking for:
For this role, we specifically want software engineers who are interested in bridging the gap between building modular, efficient systems (primarily within cloud-based environments), and in working directly with our analysts to collect relevant information from publicly available internet sources. We want candidates who live and breathe both online culture and software development culture. If you like working in a close-knit, humble, continuously learning, highly-communicative, and collaborative team this is the place for you.
What you will do:
- Nurture, refactor, and expand our systems to handle new, varied data models, while maintaining sensible code abstractions and improving the efficiency of our operations
- Work with analysts to identify important trends from the threat landscape and to explore/experiment with them
- Evaluate the fluidity, priority, and trends in internet technologies and protocols, and understand their data models well enough to intuit what their value is
- Drive down total time taken for processing (code optimization and refactoring), deployment (smoother CI/CD pipelines), and other SLAs (delivery to clients via our infrastructure)
- Improve our tooling for monitoring the health and efficiency of our systems
- Write empathetic documentation and runbooks to enable your team to be force multipliers for each other
- Help bring in new technologies and develop innovative approaches to the data challenges we face
- Apply your honesty, strong sense of morals and ethics, and sense of responsibility towards making Flashpoint and those around you smarter, stronger, and kinder
What you will bring:
- 3 - 5 years experience contributing to production systems or other relevant experience
- Proficiency in Python
- A coding personality that excels at debugging and applying glue in engineering gaps
- An organized work ethic
- Comfort with online communities, the Deep and Dark Web, and social media
- Comfort with writing defensive code that can handle malformed markup, slow network conditions, and edge cases
- Comfort with non-deterministic input
What else would be great:
- Understanding of Layer 7 and the browser application as it relates to web servers, typically learned through front-end and API experience
- Experience using AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, or other cloud-based technologies
- Experience in event-driven and/or message-driven architectures
- Proficiency in CI/CD
- Code samples relating to client interaction with third-party applications
- Experience developing or using security tools, or any type of security-oriented background
- Past training in intelligence analysis
- A passion for staying up-to-date on current events, particularly for reporting about cybersecurity, federal law enforcement cases, national security, gaming community tech, and social networking
Why Flashpoint is a Great Place to Work:
- Diversity. Flashpoint is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity. We recognize that diversity is key to achieving our vision. We believe that every person and their experiences contribute to building a work environment and a product that will change the world.
- Culture and Belonging. Our company’s culture isn’t something you join, it’s something you build and shape, and each person's unique backgrounds and experiences contribute to who Flashpoint is and will become. You will have ample opportunities to connect with coworkers through various communication channels and company-funded events: dietary & allergy conscious catered lunches, book clubs, happy hours, committees and much more.
- Benefits. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including unlimited PTO, 401(K), mental health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, and generous parental leave policies.
- Perks. Flashpoint understands that personal wellness is one of the keys to a happy, healthy and productive work environment. That’s why we also prioritize health and wellness perks like gym reimbursements and daily meditation, well-stocked kitchens, cool cultural initiatives and inclusive employee events.
- Career Growth. Flashpoint is invested in the growth of our team members and understands that frequent, two-way feedback is critical to that growth. We encourage regular one-on-ones with your manager, a regular schedule of performance reviews, learning and development opportunities, and guidance through formalized career paths; whether that be towards being a great manager, being a great individual contributor, or a lateral move to gain breadth of knowledge and experience.
A Great Place to Work. Literally. According to the 99% of employees surveyed, Flashpoint earned designation as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company for 2021. 100% of employees agree that new hires are made to feel welcome and appreciated. If you are interested in learning more, please check out our Certified Profile.
👉 Please mention in your application that you found the job on pyremote, this helps us get more companies to post here!
This job is sourced from
Stack Overflow Jobs.
When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave pyremote
and go to the job application page. pyremote accepts no liability or
responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.