Senior Software Engineer | big data | distributed systems
FYI helps companies create a more productive and happier workplace through the use of technology that bridges time zones, teams and tools.
Work has become fragmented. No single app will ever provide everything a whole company needs. Each team uses their own set of tools to create, store, and share information. It’s getting worse. Self-service, freemium, and SaaS apps have given anyone the ability to easily add another app to their company. Even enterprise companies are struggling as they move to the cloud and realize that shared drives and workspaces are a thing of the past.
With this fragmentation, it’s now impossible to see what’s happening at work and to know who has access to company information. FYI brings documents, teams, and tools into a single interface that’s connected to all the software that a company uses.
We’re a fully remote team of just under 20 people looking to add a Senior Backend Engineer.
What You’ll Do
- Architecture design, API design, data modeling.
- Analyze cloud products and API documentation to design and build integrations
- Data processing, search indexing, API layer.
- Code standards, code reviews, technical planning/research, testing/QA.
- Investigate and resolve bugs/customer issues.
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects.
Who We’re Looking For
- You should know AWS, including: API Gateway, CloudFront, CodeBuild, DynamoDB, Elasticache, Fargate, Kinesis, Lamba, RDS, S3.
- You’ve got 5 years of experience with: Elasticsearch, Flask, GraphQL, Python, PostgreSQL, SQL, Redis, Serverless.
- You have high accountability and ownership of your work.
- You have a bias towards action. You love to move fast, are self-motivated, and a life-long learner.
- You care about working on fast-growing products while iterating and sweating the details.
- You’re willing to do whatever it takes, even if this means working outside of your role (backend help frontend, frontend, handle customer support, etc).
- You’re able to effectively balance speed/quality/tech debt and make engineering decisions that enable speed and quality results.
- You’re a product thinker who cares about the customer.
The FYI team has been 100% remote since day one, and distributed all over the world. Here are the principles that we embody:
Customers come first - Obsess over customer needs. Think like a customer. Maximize customer value.
Show up - Be present. Care deeply about the work. Take initiative and be an owner.
Be decisive - Make smart decisions. Aim for speed. Deliver results.
Learn, teach, and coach - Improve yourself. Empower others. Succeed as a team.
If you resonate with these principles and feel that you’re a fit for the Senior Backend Engineer role, we’d love to get to know you!
Please include these in your application:
- Your favorite AWS service and why you like it.
- Why you want to work at FYI.
- Your resume, LinkedIn profile and GitHub. We want to learn more about you.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/fyi-senior-software-engineer-big-data-distributed-systems
👉 Please mention in your application that you found the job on pyremote, this helps us get more companies to post here!
This job is sourced from
When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave pyremote
and go to the job application page. pyremote accepts no liability or
responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.