Senior Front End Engineer
Headquarters: San Francisco
Here at Beyond, we are passionate about helping short-term rental owners and managers be successful. Backed by the world-class Bessemer Venture Partners, we have grown from a bootstrapped company of a few to the market leader in our category. We attribute our success to our belief that the people are the most important part of a business and our commitment to being a fantastic place to work.
As a Senior Front-End Engineer with Beyond, you will have the opportunity to build the next evolution of our SaaS-based product as well as work on new products. Because you will be working with a successful team that is completely remote, excellent coding and communication skills are key. This is a great opportunity for someone to work closely with the entire product life cycle from concept to go-to-market! If you enjoy rolling up your sleeves and jumping in, then read on!
Beyond's Engineering Team believes in:
Reduce scope -The best way to ship more stuff is to ship less!
Ship early -Getting feedback as early as possible even if the project/feature isn’t 100% there;
Iterate and improve -Once you got the feedback and there is a need for it, go back and improve the v1;
Take ownership -Owning the code you shipped as you are the expert and knows best;
Drive revenue - At the end of the day we are here to make Beyond a successful business.
As our Senior Front-End Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
- Work closely with Back-End Engineering, Product, and Design teams to create new user-interfacing features and internal tools;
- Improve Front-End tooling and best practices for Front End development. We are still a relatively small team, we need people with opinions that want to make a change;
- Support a SaaS-based customer-facing product;
- See a product from conception to market. Working closely with product and contributing to the feedback loop is key for this role.
Now that we've told you what the job looks like, here are the qualifications we're looking for in a candidate:
- You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and help maintain and migrate some of our Ember code baselines. We are gradually moving from Ember to React;
- You understand and leverage application state management libraries/patterns such as Recoil and Redux;
- It is always a plus if you bring some hands-on backend experience with Node/Python/Ruby or other high-level scripting languages or frameworks;
- Experience mentoring others, including code review. You love to contribute your knowledge and you know this is how good teams become great;
- Have worked in a fast-paced startup environment. You understand the business side and that coding is just one part of a successful business.
We are serious about our core values - We Care, We Are On the Same Team, We Inspire Trust, We Go Beyond, We Ship It - if those resonate with you, and you're ready to work with a team that lives and breathes those values, we want to hear from you.
Beyond is committed to building a workplace that attracts humans of all genders, ethnicities, backgrounds, statuses, and lifestyles. At our core, we care about our people and encourage every employee, partner, and applicant to share their whole self with us. We are respectful of and empathetic towards different viewpoints and believe that our ability to help short-term rental managers succeed relies on us building a dynamic and diverse team. Whoever you are, you can Belong @ Beyond.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/beyond-senior-front-end-engineer