Senior Software Engineer - Python
This senior API engineer will be a valuable member of a Scrum team responsible for developing and supporting one of our web-based SaaS offerings. This person will be an expert in Python and have extensive experience designing, refactoring, and supporting enterprise applications. This person must have team and/or project leadership experience, be self-motivated and possess strong communication and coordination skills between Product, Engineering, and QA. This person must be an Agile enthusiast, partnering with the team scrum master to drive sprint success and partnering with the product owner to oversee features and maintenance task execution and address technical debt.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply “one team, full system, whole product” perspective and thinking to lead ownership of architectural integrity, code quality, development project execution, service and support, and releases
- Champion and participate in value delivery through Agile, Scrum and SAFe processes
- Build for quality through code reviews, support of continuous integration and test automation, and the burndown of technical debt
- Define, estimate, code, review, test and document solutions for feature development, maintenance and refactor initiatives
- Install and maintain your individual development environment
- Uphold DIGARC’s software development processes and standards
- Assist in tier-3 support of SaaS-based enterprise product (client issues, performance, data integrity, integration with related applications)
- Handle issue triage independently and by coordinating the efforts of the right team members
- Communicate solution measures with affected departments (Support, Systems, other Product teams)
- Communicate ideas, problems and solutions effectively with the VP of Product Development, the chief architect, other engineers, and across other teams
- Engage other engineers in healthy collaboration about code and processes
- Act as a cross-department communication point person for innovation, continuous improvement and issue status, causes and resolutions
- Self-motivated, high energy, results oriented contributor who thrives in a fast-paced setting
- Extremely organized with strong time management and prioritization skills
- Creative thinker with proven success in providing solutions to solve business issues
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build rapport and relationships quickly and develop trust with others
- Ability to listen, understand, anticipate needs
- Able to multi-task and deal with shifting priorities
- Proven ability to inspire, motivate and lead others
- Demonstrated aptitude for constantly learning new technologies
- Demonstrated experience with agile development and software development life cycles
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining enterprise SaaS software
- Experience with a noSQL persistence layer
- Understand and troubleshoot the application stack (Python, Angular) and infrastructure on AWS
- Understand, configure, and optimize a full text search
- Troubleshoot an application from all angles (client issues, performance, data integrity)
Education and Experience:
- S. in Computer Science, Information Systems or related Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a software product development environment
- Minimum 6 years of experience designing, building and supporting end-to-end web-based systems for enterprise applications
- 6+ years of professional development in Python on Linux
- 2+ years of professional experience developing RESTful APIs
- Experience developing software hosted in a cloud environment.
- Experience as a software development project leader or technical lead including project planning and execution, staffing, tasking and reporting
- Experience with enterprise software development, maintenance, and processes
- Experience with Agile processes, especially Scrum, Scrumban, or Scaled Agile (SAFe)
- Experience problem-solving with large, complex web-based applications
- Experience with enterprise, web-based data integration including transactions, full CRUD and ETL across business applications
- Experience working in and maintaining a Docker environment
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Travel outside of the office is minimal but can happen on occasion. Typical professional office working conditions.
** U.S. Citizenship or ability to work in the United States without sponsorship (currently and in the future) **
All Digarc employees are expected to display unquestionable integrity in every aspect of work and dealing with others. Respect for diversity and inclusion of all individuals is imperative to our business success and required.
👉 Please mention in your application that you found the job on pyremote, this helps us get more companies to post here!
This job is sourced from
Stack Overflow Jobs.
When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave pyremote
and go to the job application page. pyremote accepts no liability or
responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.