Senior Data Scientist
Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help people all over the world discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering our users to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re good at it: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times and, with more than 18 million users and 100,000 five-star reviews, komoot is on its way to becoming one of the most popular cycling and hiking apps. Join our fully remote team of 60+ people and change the way people explore!
To help us grow, we’re looking for an experienced data scientist dedicated to improving our product experience. As a young tech company, we know how user engagement can be boosted by personalisation, recommendations, user-segmentations and smart retention hooks. Using a wide range of different data sets, from common analytics/product data to unusual data sets like GPS recording and social relations, you will drive product enhancements forward that will directly impact 12 million users.
We believe that innovations based on data science will reinforce and extend our leadership in the outdoor market and your role will be decisive for komoot’s success.
What you will do
- Work closely with our backend, web and mobile developers, designers, copywriters and product managers
- Discuss product improvements, technical possibilities and road maps
- Investigate and evaluate data science approaches for product enhancements
- Turn prototypes into production systems by writing clean and maintainable code
- Deploy and monitor your code in our AWS Cloud (you can count on the support of experienced backend engineers)
Why you will love it
- You will be challenged with a wide range of data science tasks (e.g. optimise ranking/composition of a feed, recommend users to follow, churn prediction, personalisation, ...)
- You will deal with a diverse set of data (location data, social network, user content (images, text), external data source like OSM, product analytics, ...)
- You will go beyond prototyping and ship your code to production
- You will contribute to a product with a vision to inspire more people to go outdoors
- You will work in a fast-paced startup with strongly motivated and talented co-workers
- You will enjoy the freedom to organize yourself the way you want
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your house, coworking center of your choice, our HQ in Potsdam or anywhere else that lies in any time zone situated between UTC-1 and UTC+3
- You will travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have a passion for finding pragmatic and smart solutions to complex problems
- Have a solid understanding of math and statistics
- Have 3+ years of industry experience in data science
- Master Jupyter, pandas, NumPy, matplotlib/seaborn, scikit-learn and XGBoost/LightGBM/CatBoost
- Bonus: TensorFlow, Keras or PyTorch
- Know SQL
- Love to write clean, maintainable and tested Python code
- Have experience productionising your data science solutions
- Have strong communication and team skills
- Have a hands-on attitude and are highly self-driven
- Bonus: Know statically typed languages such as Kotlin/Java/C or Go
- Bonus: Have cloud experience (e.g. with AWS)
- Bonus: Have BigData experience (e.g. Spark, Presto, Hadoop)
Sound like you?
Then send us the following:
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
- Examples of your work (e.g. GitHub Repositories, PDFs, Slideshare, etc.)
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account, a blog or something else
👉 Please mention in your application that you found the job on pyremote, this helps us get more companies to post here!
This job is sourced from
Stack Overflow Jobs.
When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave pyremote
and go to the job application page. pyremote accepts no liability or
responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.