Senior Software Engineer
Headquarters: New York, NY
Compensation: Competitive Salary
Growing Engineering Team Looking for Sr. Full-stack Engineer
While we know how to have fun, our work culture is based around professionalism and respect for each other. As such, we’ve described our ideal candidates as “studio-musician developers” instead of “rock-star developers.” The ability to work and communicate well with a team is critical. If you can stay focused and get work done on a reasonable schedule, that is more important to our team than the ability to soldier through long hours. While every job requires bursts of workload from time to time, we view “crunchtime” as a process failure, not a badge of honor.
We work on a variety of projects, but are hiring specifically for a project that uses the following technologies:
We are a side-project friendly engineering company with an IP clause that allows employees to confidently retain ownership over their personal Intellectual Property.
- Develop software applications using best practices in coordination with a distributed team.
- Review teammates' code (we use pull requests).
- Help plan & roadmap new features and functionality.
- 5+ years as a professional software engineer.
- Ability to architect complex software features and functionality in a maintainable, DRY, abstract, and modular way.
- Ability to design an execution plan for the aforementioned functionality (we use JIRA but an understanding of any task management software is fine).
- Knowledge of MVC or similar architectural patterns.
- Expert understanding of web development concepts, such as how to write best practices code, various persistence layer technologies (SQL, NoSQL, etc), queues, infrastructure architecture (including cloud based), scaling systems, debugging, tests, version control, a deep understanding of http, etc.
- Understanding of the full web development stack. You may be better at one end of the stack, but you would be able to develop and deploy a complex web application from the ground up alone if you had to.
- Ability to work at a steady pace instead of procrastination leading to long hours and burnout.
- Belief that learning is one of the best properties of the software engineering profession.
- Ability to communicate and work well with a team (this is critical for the success of our distributed engineering team).
Technologies we use and would love to see you have experience with (but we realize the right candidate can learn new technologies quickly anyways)
- React.js, Vue.js, Ember.js, Angular (we’d love you to have experience with at least one newer front-end framework).
- Postgresql, MySql, MongoDB, Redis.
- Build tools like Webpack, Grunt, etc.
- React Native.
- Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform.
- Docker, Containerization technologies.
- Any technology you are passionate about and want to share with us!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/swarm-solutions-senior-software-engineer