- Build (hands-on) robust, performant, user-facing web applications in Python/Django/ReactJS
- Identify business needs, define, and build technical solutions to address business requirements Design, develop, and maintain any new development of cloud-based applications built on AWS (Amazon Web Services) and modern UI technologies, with a preference for experience with ReactJS
- Lead the design, development, and maintenance of custom web applications in a Linux environment
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Investigate and understand the underlying structure, design, and interrelationship of legacy and future-state software applications in alignment with broader business objectives
- Write exemplary code that demonstrates best practices; provide insightful code reviews to your teammates Contribute to an environment of continuous improvement and innovation by working collaboratively with your peers; act as a mentor and thought leader, while being open to providing and receiving constructive feedback
- Work as an integral part of an agile team to deliver a great user experience
- Lead technical projects as the need may arise
- Communicate your ideas effectively to achieve the right outcome for your team and customer, seeking diverse perspectives, adapting to feedback, and being willing to change direction if it creates a better outcome
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on software development experience; Minimum of 8 years of experience to be considered at Senior level.
- Hands-on experience in at least one popular Python framework (e.g., Django)
- Hands-on experience and proficient in RDBMS – Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Hands-on experience in REST API concepts and development in Python
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Ability to deliver quality code anywhere in the technical stack—frontend or backend
- Communicate effectively and professionally with other team members and Business users
- Understanding of Git version control system
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work as a team or independently, be proactive, and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable with change, competing priorities, and continuous learning
- AWS experience is a strong plus
- Experience with deploying applications using containers such as dockers
- Experience working in Linux environment
- Experience with agile development processes
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration (CI/CD) techniques, test-driven development, and automated testing practices.
- Experience planning for and managing several large-scale, complex technical projects
- Experience in Digital Asset Management
About the Company
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.