We are expanding our SaaS solution based on market needs and are looking for a Senior Software Developer / Scrum Master to play a major role in our COMP team. As a Senior Software Engineer in our team, you will be responsible for understanding the requirements of pay rules from the product manager, conduct the technical feasibility & prepare a scalable design and implement them. The activities you will be responsible for include many phases of the software development life cycle including technical research, requirements gathering & analysis, high level and technical design, implementation of the solutions, unit testing, debugging, and sustenance. You will have to continuously adopt the latest cloud and open-source technologies and scale the solutions.
We are looking for driven individuals who exude confidence, with a proven technical record and have worked in a similar role previously and ready to build a long-term career opportunity within our company. The more you prove your ability to deliver real solutions to problems with a positive attitude, the more flexibility and freedom you will have to write software the way you want. Being able to write long resumes does not impress us; being able to write good software impresses us (it’s a lot harder).
About COMPLIANCE Team:
Compliance (COMP) team is part of the R&D organization of Replicon, developing compliance rules (pay rules) as per the labor regulations across the globe. Compliance rules involve complex algorithm processing and number crunching.
- Work with the product manager to understand the business workflows / requirements, identify needs/gaps and propose the relevant technical solutions
- Design, implement, and tune changes to the product that work within the time-tracking / project management environment
- Be understanding and sensitive to customer requirements so as to be able to offer alternative solutions
- Keep in pace with the product releases
- Work within Replicon’s software development expectations, processes, and quality initiatives
- Work to accurately evaluate risk and estimate software development tasks
- Strive to continually improve technical and developmental skills
- Telecommuting is OK
- Agencies are OK
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of software development experience (Core: Python v2.7,)
- Should have deep knowledge of Agile development process & should be able to play the role of a Scrum Master/team lead
- TDD techniques
- Good to Have: Tools experience of Jira, Git
- Good to Have: SQL Queries working knowledge
- See the inherent challenges in all things; if a task is complicated, you simplify it; if it is simple, you excel at it; if it is mundane, you automate it
- Be a problem solver; be given any problem and will come back with solutions, or at least alternatives
- Be a perfectionist; you are not satisfied until your solution is rock solid & scalable
- Be pragmatic; you implement the best solution for the problem, not the coolest solution, and can tell the difference
- See the big picture; we write software to solve real business problems
About the Company
Replicon is B2B Software Product Development company delivering a hassle-free solution and cloud time tracking applications including timesheet and expense management software, using SaaS, for automating employee time tracking, project time tracking, expense tracking and resource scheduling.
- Redwood City - our strategic head office; all our SVP’s are primarily out of this office, along
with Marketing and Product Management
- Calgary - our development center; we have scrum teams for our web services, mobile and site reliability
- Toronto, London and Sydney - are sales offices with sales, customer success and solution engineering; however, we also have a remote sales force across the US
- Bangalore - all of our 24x7 operations (inside sales for SMB, tech support, cloud monitoring), along with support for Marketing, Development and Sales Operations. The majority of our internal teams for HR, Finance and internal IT are here as well
What we do:
- We deliver a solution that offers our customers a hassle-free experience through product excellence and a consistent customer experience through process innovation
- B2B, product company delivering a hassle-free solution that people love and touch every day; focused on a broad market from SMB to Enterprise customers
- Providing that hassle-free experience to our market; we are about building solutions/selling a product that people use every day in a work environment
- Project Time Tracking – TimeBill, ProjectTime, Expense & Time off
- Time & Attendance – Workforce Mgmt, Time & Attendance, Global time off, Global Time & Gross pay, CloudClock
- Professional Services Automation Replicon Backstory
- Over 20 years as an industry leader in the time management space.
- Our CEO team were both developers working for different companies on various projects, filling out paper timesheets, running around getting signatures in person and handing it into the billing team or payroll - they hated Fridays!
The internet was just becoming prevalent in the workspace, so they thought “why not create a system that can automate this whole process”. They worked on the first version of a time-tracking solution, put it on the web to sell and 6 months later they both quit their jobs to work on Replicon.