Python Software Engineer
Are you interested in working on a product that helps companies understand their employees’ needs? Our product, Perception, offers a modern way for collecting and understanding employee engagement through surveys, helping businesses enhance their employees’ work experience and improve their performance. We help organizations uncover not only what employees are saying, but also how they truly feel about the workplace and leadership. We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
We believe in:
- People over process. We think that processes should make it easier for us to deliver quality products faster together. We strive to understand why processes are in place, and work to change them if they just don't work.
- Ideas over titles. We treat everyone's voice on the team equally regardless of title or seniority. We want everyone to feel comfortable contributing ideas, because we build better products when we consider multiple perspectives.
- Everyone owns all areas of the software development and delivery lifecycle. We don't like to work in silos. We believe that every person on the team owns the quality, security, delivery and stability of our product.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of new customer features.
- Mentor other software engineers on the team helping them grow their technical and non-technical knowledge.
- Foster the culture of delivering quality software in a timely manner and continuously improve the development process.
- Champion for the adoption of new technologies and techniques within the team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in front-end and back-end development on large scale software projects.
- Comfortable working with SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB or Elasticsearch).
- Written and implemented automated unit, system, and integration tests.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent in work experience
- Professional experience with Python software development and architecture.
- Contributed to and supported products that went to production.
- Experience working with Kubernetes, Docker, and public cloud providers such as Google Cloud Platform, Amazon AWS, etc.
- Experience with agile software development practices such as Kanban or Scrum.
Check out how we give our employees the chance to work on whatever project they want for 48 hours! https://youtu.be/2Aw55CP1IO8
Typical Interview Process:
- If your application is selected, a Talent Acquisition Team Member will reach out to schedule a phone screen with them.
- If selected to move forward, you will complete a HackerRank Coding Assessment.
- If you pass, you will either move forward to a technical phone call for an additional screening, OR directly to an onsite interview.
- Offer stage.
👉 Please mention in your application that you found the job on pyremote, this helps us get more companies to post here!
This job is sourced from
Stack Overflow Jobs.
When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave pyremote
and go to the job application page. pyremote accepts no liability or
responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.