We are seeking a senior software engineer with proven programming and analytic abilities. You would be a fundamental member of the team, focusing on building a solid foundation for the platform. We seek people who are excited and driven to grow with the experience of working alongside talented engineers.
Our team is remote, with most of our engineers right now either in New York, Argentina, or Colombia, with some folk in other parts of the Americas, as well as Europe, where we are focusing to grow our team with this position.
You will work on developing new features for our apps, which may involve integrating with ecommerce platforms such as Shopify, Amazon, eBay, and Etsy. The integrations are used at scale.
- You understand that great things are accomplished when teams work and learn together.
- You don't feel intimidated by having to ask a million questions to your team mates, and, when the time comes, answer the questions of newer and less experienced team members.
- You have lots of experience with Python, SQLAlchemy, Flask, and ideally GraphQL.
- You are confortable with writing SQL statements.
- You have some AWS experience.
- You can code review other team members work, provide assistance, and appreciate feedback.
- You take pride in your craft.
- You’ve learned from building systems and solutions the reasons to avoid technical debt, and how to approach and implement TDD and CI practices.
- You can craft elegant solutions when solving complex problems.
- You want to build something that is disrupting an entire industry.
- While hands on experience is not a requirement, you’re interested in learning how to apply machine learning and AI technologies and tools.
- You can handle a fast paced environment.
- You’ve made a lot of mistakes, and most importantly, have learned from them.
- You have 7+ years of experience developing software.
- You have worked remotely before.
About the role:
- Work on a cross-functional team including front end and UX to build solutions that are easy for customers to understand, work consistently and scale well.
- Review features and requirements and guide, design and implement solutions.
- Understand business requirements and think through solutions in terms of not just the coding implementation but also how the solution fits into the business flow and how it solves a customer need.
- Ability to estimate effort and ship on agreed schedule. Comfortable pushing yourself and your team members when challenges pop up.
- Lead regular code reviews, with the goal of code quality, good design and approach along with pushing engineers to improve and evolve.
- Optimize existing tech stack and solutions, determine path to next step in the evolution.
- Learn, and push those around you to do the same - this is a craft that you’re constantly improving upon.
- Implement solutions that are pragmatic to get the platform built.
- Have the confidence to work with experienced and talented people to just build great things, you’re not a “rockstar”.
- Work with ShipHero leadership to implement practices and principles for the team.
👉 Please mention in your application that you found the job on pyremote, this helps us get more companies to post here!
This job is sourced from Remote|OK. When clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave pyremote and go to the job application page. pyremote accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on there (external sites) or here.